It’s lucky this Caramello Slice is so easy to make because it is so delicious you will be coming back for more.
There are two reasons why I love this Caramello Slice. The first – it just tastes so good. The second – it only uses half the can of condensed milk!
What’s so good about only using half the can of condensed milk? Normally I get annoyed when a recipe calls for only part of a packet or can of something, especially when it is an ingredient that you can’t just put back in the pantry for next time you need it. You would think then that condensed milk falls into that category. No way. With only using half the can in the recipe, you can grab a spoon and tuck in to the rest.
Go on, admit it, you’ve helped yourself to a spoonful (or two) of condensed milk on the odd occasion. This is something my brother and I used to do regularly when we were kids and I haven’t stopped doing it just because I have matured.
Some time ago my friend posted on Facebook a recipe for a liquorice allsorts slice from Bake Play Smile. I’m not sure whether she was more excited about making and eating liquorice slice or that there was leftover condensed milk to eat when she was finished. I don’t like liquorice so I didn’t make the slice but when I saw the ingredients list for this one at Create Bake Make it reminded me of that recipe. So to my liquorice slice loving friend (you know who you are) this one is for you.
This Caramello Slice is no bake so it is so easy to make. Crush some biscuits, melt some Caramello chocolate and butter, mix all together with the condensed milk and spread in a tin. Then, because one whole block of chocolate isn’t enough, melt some more chocolate to pour all over the top!
For some reason, I kept tasting malt in this slice, like Malteasers. I’m not sure why. I even had another piece, and another, just to check that I wasn’t imagining it. But I still kept tasting malt. I’m not complaining though because I do love Malteasers, and it gave me an idea for another recipe. Stay tuned for that one.
So give this Caramello Slice a go. It is a great thing to make in warmer weather when you really don’t want to turn the oven on. And if you do make it, please let me know what you think.
- 1 packet Marie biscuits
- ½ tin condensed milk
- 1 block Cadbury Caramello Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g butter
- 400g milk chocolate
- Place baking paper in a baking tin 28cm x 18cm.
- Crush the Marie biscuits using either a food processor or place in a freezer bag and smash with a rolling pin.
- Place the butter and Caramello Chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each time.
- Mix the crushed biscuits, chocolate mix and condensed milk together until combined.
- Pour mixture into baking tin and spread evenly. Press down with a fork or spoon.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each time.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the slice mixture and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set for about two hours before cutting and eating.
Recipe adapted from: Create Bake Make