This Mini Lemon and Raspberry Ricotta Bundt Cake is so moist and refreshing. My usual rule is cake is an excuse to eat frosting but these bundt cakes are so good you will not need any frosting.
This week I wanted something citrusy and refreshing and it doesn’t get more refreshing than lemon cake. To make it a bit more exiting I thought I would add some raspberries.
These Mini Lemon and Raspberry Ricotta Bundt Cakes don’t take long to make. Mix the wet ingredients, mix the dry ingredients, combine together and put in the bundt pan and poke some raspberries into the mixture.
You could try mixing the raspberries into the mixture before you fill the bundt pans. I didn’t do this because I was using frozen raspberries that had thawed and I thought they might turn the mixture pink if I stirred them through but I’m sure it would work well if the raspberries were still frozen or fresh.
These bundt cakes can also be turned into cupcakes. I had a little bit of mixture left, not enough to fill another mini bundt pan so I made a cupcake. Just bake these for less time, about 20 minutes.
- zest of one lemon
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 175 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups smooth ricotta cheese
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- juice of one lemon
- 36 frozen raspberries
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees C (fan-forced).
- Grease 6 10cm mini bundt pans.
- Add the lemon zest to sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter, ricotta cheese and sugar until light in colour and texture.
- Add the eggs, mixing between each one, the vanilla extract and the lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop mixture into bundt pans. Press about 6 raspberries into the mixture in each pan.
- Bake for about 25 mins. Cakes are cooked when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.
For more lemony goodness, why not have a look at my Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting.