This Rocky Road Slice is more like Chocolate Crackles with enhancements. But that’s not a bad thing.
This is one the slice recipes that my Nanna used to make at Christmas time. To be honest though, I have often wondered why she called it Rocky Road Slice as it doesn’t seem to have all the ingredients of a typical rocky road. Really, it is more like chocolate crackles with marshmallows.
Not that I am complaining about the small amount of ingredients in this slice. It still tastes delicious. Quite frankly, I love chocolate crackles but never make them because they are kind of a kids party thing so I feel like this recipe is my legitimate excuse to have chocolate crackles.
This was one of my favourite of my Nanna’s slice recipes when I was a kid and it still is today.
As with all of my Nanna’s slice recipes, this one is super quick and easy. No baking required, just melt, mix, spread in a tray and set.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 250 grams icing sugar
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- 250 grams copha
- 150 grams marshmallows, chopped
- Line a 18cm x 28cm baking tin with aluminium foil.
- Sift cocoa and icing sugar together in a bowl and add the rice bubbles.
- Melt the copha in the microwave until just melted, don't let it get too hot.
- Pour copha over dry ingredients, mix, add the chopped marshmallows and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture in prepared tin and allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours before cutting.