I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. Well, maybe not a white Christmas, especially in the middle of Summer in Australia, but perhaps some White Christmas slice would be nice.
I actually don’t like White Christmas slice. Well I don’t like my Nanna’s version (sorry Nanna), so I made up my own. The White Christmas that my Nanna used to always make at Christmas time is full of mixed dried fruit, something that I am not a fan of at all. So instead of following her recipe I have substituted the dried fruit for lollies. Much more tasty in my opinion.
If you do like dried fruit, just substitute the lollies for 1 cup of mixed dried fruit. You be the judge – if you try one or both of them, let me know which one you prefer.
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup jelly lollies e.g. snakes or jelly babies, chopped into small pieces
- 250 grams copha
- Line an 18cm x 28cm baking tin with aluminium foil.
- Mix all ingredients except the copha until combined.
- Melt the copha in a microwave, add to the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared slice tin and allow to set in the fridge for about 2 hours before cutting into pieces.